Thursday, March 18, 2010

Random News

  • I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Little Miss is growing just fine. Her heart rate was 155bpm, my blood pressure was 115/69 (which is what happens when you are kid & caffeine free for the morning), only gained a pound (so, 2 so far) and everything is right on track.
  • We'll be having another ultrasound in a couple of weeks because my OB is cool like that. He believes peace of mind is priceless for parents who have had trouble in previous pregnancies. So we'll get another peek at Little Miss!
  • Dr. S. was grinning ear to ear with the news that baby is a girl and moreover that the kidneys are perfectly normal. He is truly a caring doctor. I happen to love him for his excellent care.
  • Aaron is weaned. He skipped bedtime nunnies on Saturday because he was so tired when Roger & I got home from our night out w/o the kids. He was exhausted again on Sunday from a short nap day & skipped again. So I just went with it and intentionally we've skipped bedtime nunnies ever since.
  • Aaron currently has a sinus infection for which he is on Augmentin. He's also still coughing from the cold Ian lovingly shared 2 weeks ago. Aaron's pediatrician called it "an asthma cough" and said if it wasn't better by Friday we'd have to do some oral prednisone to help him recover. It isn't better, but I really don't want to do prednisone. I think I'll give it until Monday.
  • Ian is being his cute self. I don't really have much of an update for him!
  • We're celebrating the birth of a sweet baby girl to our friends the Luskys. And news that practically everyone we know having babies this summer/fall are having girls! I seriously know about 20 women who are expecting right now and only one of them is expecting a boy. It's the summer of baby girls, I believe. Good thing, too, because the girl clothes right now are so stinkin' cute. Feel free to buy anything you see and send it to us. (Ha ha!) We also just found out that the Pipers are having TWIN GIRLS! Really, REALLY wonderful news this week on many fronts.
  • *update* I just saw our neighbor out and she had a nice little baby bump! We've been cooped up all winter and hadn't seen much of them. She's due the same day as me (weird). They're having their 2nd baby, and it's a boy. I'm just amazed at all the new life around us!
  • In not-so-wonderful news, Roger got rear-ended on the Parkway West last Friday (he is fine, never felt any ill-effects from it physically) and his car is crumpled. Apparently NOT unfixable, however, and for that we are grateful. We had just paid off the Camry in August and were really loving not having any car payments. We're also getting a new car seat out of the deal, too, because once a car seat has been in an accident, you really shouldn't use it anymore. The insurance will pay for its replacement. Love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment