Thursday, July 1, 2010

The point at which they no longer...

...stop labor if it starts.

That's right folks. 36 weeks pregnant. Baby is head down and engaged. I didn't gain any weight since 2 weeks ago. My previously "borderline" high blood pressure was good today (and the last 2 appointments too) and is not a concern anymore. My belly is measuring "right on" at 36cm and baby's heart rate was 151 BPM. (I know "they" say the gender/fetal heart rate correlation is just an old wives tale, but it has proven true for me and my 3 children. Ian and Aaron never had a FHR above 140. Little Miss has never had one below 150. Maybe there's some truth to it!)

I'm 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. We already know from experience that this doesn't really mean anything as far as when things might get moving... I walked around 3cm and 80% for 5 weeks with Ian... he was a week late!

So we're in the home stretch. +/- 4 weeks until we meet our baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious. Brendan and baby girl both had/have bpms in the 140s. I'd never heard that old wive's tale before. Also, it's really hard to believe that I'm only 11 weeks behind ya. Time is flying!

    ReplyDelete