Thursday, July 29, 2010

1 Week Old

Today is my due date.  Lauren is already a week old!  Where has the time gone?  A week of her life on the outside has already come and passed.  Amazing.



Lauren seems to have caught her brothers' cold, unfortunately, and has been keeping us up pretty much all night long the past 2-3 nights.  She's really a sweet little peach, otherwise, and I'm certain that if she were feeling better we'd be sleeping better.



She's changed so much in just a week's time.  I can't wait to see what the future holds for this little girl.  Actually I can wait.  I want her to be small forever!



At her doctor's visit on Monday, when she was 3.5 days old, she weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 20 inches long.  So she's lost a little weight since birth, but looking at her now, I know she's gained some back.  She's definitely growing!



Big brothers are slowly adjusting to her.  By adjusting, I mean they are starting to forget that she's around... which is a good thing even though it sounds like it isn't.  The interest level in "baby sisser Wauren" was pretty high for the first few days, we were constantly keeping brothers' fingers out of Lauren's eyes, etc.  Now Ian and Aaron will stop by Lauren and check on her, but don't seem to want to touch or poke or pull, etc.





Lauren is 1 week old.  I can't believe it!   (She's wearing the same outfit today as coming home from the hospital because we only have 3 newborn size outfits... and she's hardly filling them.)

When they were putting in my IV last week they "blew" 2 veins before they got a good one.  You should see my vein today... a major battle scar from my L&D last week.  Oh, ok, since you asked... here's a picture.

1 comment: