Tuesday, December 19, 2006

24 Week Appointment

The doctor said, "Wow, Susan, You're just doing SO well, there is nothing I have to say to you today!"

Weight Gain this month: +1.5lbs.
Weight Gain to-date: -1lb. (Don't forget I originally lost those 4lbs...)
Fundal Height: 23cm. (On-target with a 24 wk. baby)
Blood Pressure: 114/74
Baby's Heart Rate: 155bpm

Nothing else to report. I had to have my blood taken for the study today and now my arm hurts SOOOO bad. I'm not really that big of a baby when it comes to having blood taken, but WOWIE. It has been about 2 hours and now my whole arm hurts when i open or close my elbow, and I can't really lift anything. OUCH!

The babe kicks day and night. It is unbelievable. Some moms say that the kicks are the most enjoyable part of having a baby... to me, he kicks so much I sometimes find it annoying! I know, I shouldn't say that, but really... can I have like, a few hours of rest? I guess part of my problem is that this feeling is so strange to me that I find it very intrusive. Maybe our baby is just really strong or something. Roger and I can already see the kicks from the outside. It is so crazy.

I'm off to try and track down a new pair of jeans, that are a bit more comfy on my bulging belly.

1 comment:

  1. wow so much kickinG!!! i can see how that would be annoying, even though of course you love your baby, but you just want to be comfortable for a few minutes ;)

    ReplyDelete