Tuesday, October 17, 2006

No Real News

Although the books say that any day now I'll feel baby moving around... I think I might have a couple of times already, but it is certainly not regular, and I'm certainly not certain it was baby!

Today's Pregnancy calendar entry says:

Size
Your baby weighs about 2.8 ounces (79 grams) and is about 4 1/2 inches from crown to rump -- roughly the size of a small gerbil.

Development
At any time, you will begin to feel fetal movement as your baby's bones harden, and she starts a big growth spurt. Your baby has plenty of room: At this point, she could fit in the palm of your hand. This is a great time to be a fetus. At any given time, she might be playing with the umbilical cord (which she's now able to grasp), putting her thumb in her mouth, or kicking at the amniotic sac.

So I guess we should stop calling it sesame and start calling it gerbil. Ha ha ha! Just 14 weeks ago, this baby was the size of a sesame seed. Amazing.

That's all for now! Monday 10/23 is our next dr's appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Sesame is much cuter than gerbil. Haha, I think they could have decided on a more appealing analogy. It is a little disturbing to picture your baby as a gerbil. *lol* I also have a dr. appt. on monday, so I will think about you all!

    ReplyDelete